Thursday, July 10, 2008

My Beloved Princes

My Beloved Princes
Yes…Il Divo is the name…the name that combines four very fine looking young men with angelical voices which had successfully attracted the hearts of people throughout the world….no matter neither little children, teenagers, youths, middle-aged people nor senior citizens, we all love them so much!!!

Honestly, I’ve never listened to any opera songs before and I didn’t even like any…here’s how it went…

It was during the beauty pageant contest so-called “Miss World 2004”…it was the first time, me watching Il Divo performed their first debut, Unbreak My Heart (Regressa Mi), which they sang in Spanish…and I was like ‘these guys really wanna copycat Toni Braxton’ J but then I noticed that they looked kinda old, except for David Miller….he looked slightly younger than the rest…

When the new day arrived, I went on a shopping spree with my Mum...then my Mum dropped by a music store to look for an oldies cd if I’m not mistaken…when she was trying on the cds she was about to buy, my eyes ran on each and every corner of the music store, perhaps that I might found something interesting….suddenly, a box of new cassettes arrived…when the worker took out all the cassettes one by one, my eyes caught something which looked familiar to me…and I quickly grabbed the cassette from her….it was an Il Divo cassette…I didn’t know why I just suddenly took it and bought it straight away without giving it a second thought…

My Mum might have thought that I was weird because of buying the Il Divo album…just imagine from A1 and The Moffatts to Il Divo???...that’s too far…..and probably they vary so much…

To tell the truth, I only listened to Unbreak My Heart for the first few times because it’s the only song I know from the album J other songs were kinda weird coz they’re sung in many different languages, which sound totally alien to me J

Slowly, I liked their songs more and more from day to day…I’ve realized that they have the most beautiful voices ever!!! Those angelical voices were very soothing to my ears…sound soooo nice and relaxed….

After a while, I tried to get to know the members…and my favourite have been Urs Buhler, the Swiss God J he was 34 by the time I like him…quite a big figure, but considering that he’s so good looking, I would definitely think of him as forever young J they’re all handsome actually…

As for my favourite vocal, I prefer Carlos Marin, the Spaniard…he has strong baritone voice, very strong deep vocals….sounds very powerful….when I listened to it, I was like WOW! So kagum J


Sebastien is the vox populli in the group…he actually was from a pop background…he was a pop French singer and has his own album called ‘Libre’…his voice has become better after a few classical training…or in other words, he had finally made his voice becoming more operatic, which is good…

David is another tenor in the group besides Urs…but he is the tenor with high pitch which is impossible for Carlos to do…he has this very soft voice…I like his voce best in the song “You Raised Me Up” (Por Ti Sere), the chorus part….I kept on repeating the same part just to listen to David’s soft voice J


F.r.u.s.t.r.a.t.i.o.n. A.t.t.a.c.k.e.d
I was sooooo frustrated when I couldn’t make it to the divos’ concert in Malaysia, which was held at the convention center…it’s not that I couldn’t go…it’s about the tix price….the price was sky high!...like completely expensive… I couldn’t just spend my sponsorship money just to buy the concert tix…I’m still a student and I really need the money for my education L I have to spend wisely…
I was really frustrated that I couldn’t attend the long awaited concert L I wanna see those divos especially Urs…I wouldn’t mind if the tix costs around 300 bucks…if it’s around that figure, I would’ve gone to the concert….but the actual price was 1K…and that’s the cheapest price if I’m not mistaken….others were over 1K….that’s nuts!... maybe I’ll wait til I have my own job…then I could afford to buy the tix…

No comments: